Voice Integrative School seeks to admit students of diverse backgrounds and talents who will contribute to a learning community that values intellectual curiosity, accountability, mutual respect and cooperation. The following criteria are weighted equally when considering admission:
- Academic achievement displaying a cumulative grade point average of B or higher;
- A history of cooperative behaviour in other settings/previous school;
- A strong motivation to attend VIS;
- An enthusiastic willingness to learn and participate in all aspects of the curriculum;
- Confidential reference from a current teacher (obtained directly by VIS Admissions).
Please be aware that VIS does not have a Special Education program, and as a result cannot offer modifications. Students applying to VIS with an existing IEP (Individual Education Plan) will be considered on a case by case basis. Our expectation is that all students are able to work at grade level in every class; however, if this is not achievable, based on issues outlined in the IEP, a VIS professional will determine eligibility. These decisions will be based on our holistic Integrative Education™ approach to learning and teaching, combined with the student’s ability and desire to succeed in our unique environment.
Please note: VIS does not have an official application deadline. Although, there is a waiting list for certain grades, some spaces remain for the current and the upcoming academic years. Should you be interested in submitting an application for your child please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, check the Open Houses and Orientation page for specific dates.